Sunday 17 April 2011

Spring where are you!?!

This weekend saw snow in Winnipeg.  Should I really be surprised?  I guess not.  After all, this is Manitoba.  That said, I figured that I was finished with with boots, shovels and windshield scrapers.  We've had an early spring here and the random sleet / snow combo that came down Friday night was an unexpected, and unwanted surprise.  That said, I decided to make the most of the weather outside, but doing what I do best - window shopping at Superstore!

While wandering around after work on Friday I came across the new PC Home assortment of outdoor furniture for this coming season.  I'm a huge fan of the whole Joe Fresh / PC Home / Everyday Living mix of products.  Who'd of thought a couple of years ago that you'd be buying cashmere sweaters, Christmas decorations and trendy housewares from the same place where you're picking up bananas, Cheerios and toothpaste.

I went into the store looking for lunch ideas for the coming week, and came away with my toothpaste and bread, but also with a wishlist of cool, vibrant, vintage inspired pieces that would look awesome on my deck this coming season (once the snow has finally disappeared....).

http://www.facebook.com
http://www.facebook.com

Wanna know the best part?!  Everything that I've shown is available for under $30.00 a piece!  I can't wait to see how I can tie a couple of these pieces into my outdoor living space.  Toss in a couple of snazzy adirondacks?  Perhaps a bistro set?  Maybe some white paper lanterns and some cool planters?  Hmm....I think that I might be on to something.

D-

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...