Tuesday 3 May 2011

You light up my life.

There's not a lot of glamour where I work. As a hardware buyer, a lot of my time is spent analyzing pricing and inventory levels of eaves trough and brooms. However, every once and awhile something comes along that injects a bit of fun. Case in point, the other day I received a copy of Canarm's newest lighting catalogue and I'm still swooning. Well, okay, maybe not swooning, but I have pawed through the catalogue a few times trying to figure out what my favourite pieces are.

Canarm is a great Canadian distributor of lighting and we do a lot with them, but most of the pieces that I order are pretty basic and fall in line with what contractors are looking for when doing spec projects. However, the company's assortment of fashion pieces is amazing! My new goal is to inject a bit of glam into my retail assortment. Here are some of my fave pieces -

I'm absolutely in love with the 'Abbot' three light pendant
in oil rubbed bronze with fabric drum shade.

The 'Benito' isn't for everybody, but I'm kind of digging it. The chrome finish is very fresh, but the pattern on the drum kind of has a bit of a retro vibe to it.

The 'Monica' pendants are so sexy! They've got a real Tuscan vibe to them, and would look great above my non-existent marble topped island! 

I'm really digging the arts and crafts feel of the 'Jackson' collection of vanity lighting. Plus, the pieces are available in both oil rubbed bronze and chrome plated finished. Clean, classic and very cool looking.

I'd forgotten just how nice a lot of Canarm's table lamps were! I've got a couple of their pieces in my own home that I picked up on clearance this past winter - but I had not investigated their new collection until the other day. I love the 'Leon' it's got a very masculine feel and an awesome rectangular shade. 


Last, but not least I bring to you the 'Julian' pendent.  I love everything about this piece!  It's making me long for nine foot ceilings so that I could hang this unit in my grand foyer (or at the least - my humble apartment foyer).  Great classic styling and stupidly affordable with a retail around $100 CDN.


So I thought that I'd narrowed down some chandelier options for my own place and was convinced of one unit, and was almost ready to click the 'buy' button but my new catalogues have me thinking a bit.  Will I end up with the 'Paris' fixture that I'd originally been gaga over, or will one of my new finds somehow take over and end up hanging in my dining room.  We'll see!

D-

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...