Tuesday 2 August 2011

Oh Christmas tree?!?!

If you're looking at the title of this post and the below shot featuring some of my fave vintage Christmas decorations you must think that I've gone off the deep-end. You're probably sitting there thinking to yourself "holy !$%#! the heat has finally gotten to him. It's the beginning of August and he's talking about Christmas."
Maybe the heat has gotten to me, but regardless of that fact, there's a part of me that can't wait to dig out my many totes of Christmas swag. I don't do any of the other holidays. No cutesy bunny decorations, no fake cobwebs, no paper mache turkeys, no chains of hearts made out of construction paper. For me, Christmas is where it's at. It's my holiday.
I've been collecting vintage Christmas decorations for years. In my first year of college (when I was still young and naive), while my friends were spending their spare coin on six packs of beer, I was spending my spare coin on bags of hand painted decorations from the thrift shops around the city. I found some amazing, one of a kind pieces that looked amazing in my place - it was a challenge to see what I could come-up with for only a couple of dollars, but the results were always pretty impressive.
Fast forward about eight years and I'm still doing the same thing. Just because it's the beginning of August doesn't mean that I can't stumble across something that will look amazing come this December. I've stumbled across a few treasures over the course of the past 7-8 months (including a couple of fun pieces last week) that I can't wait to share with you in a couple months time. 


When I say "I do Christmas" I mean "I do Christmas." 


Start preparing yourself! Four months and counting....
D-


PS. I totally made up for the beer drinking in my second and third year of school...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...