Wednesday 5 October 2011

Now switch!

I've got a bit of a problem. 

You see, I've lived in my place for nearly three years, and in that time, I've been on a never-ending quest to be completely satisfied with my living room. Whenever I figure out an element and feel like I'm getting a step or two closer, I come up with five more reasons or things that I don't like about the space. The fact that it's a rental and that I'm limited by what I can do makes me cringe even more.....(there's no effing way that I'd ever have purchased vertical blinds....)
Feeling stale! Time for a change!
Seriously friends. In the three years that I've lived in my digs, I think that there's only been a couple of weeks were I've left everything be without tickering around with furniture placement, accents, lighting, pictures, paint colours or how 'centered' my area rug is. And regardless, it feels like an uber mess and 'work in progress'.... 
Feeling awkward...strange furniture placement and arrangements that I've tired of.
For the longest time I've hated the paint colour and have wanted to start fresh with something different...somehow I ended up with a bit of a brown overload...earth tones are good....but a guy needs a bit of colour too! 

So anyways, this past Monday in-between sneezing, coughing, blowing my nose and drinking a year's supply of Roobois tea, I decided to forge ahead and repaint my living room, dining room and foyer a simply wonderful shade of gray. 
Keeping it real. Obviously I created thee biggest of big messes whilst painting!
I've got a ways to go before showing you the end results, but I feel like I'm finally on the right track with getting this room sorted out. In addition to painting the walls, I really want to refinish the small buffet (TV stand) that I picked up this summer. I've got a rather bright shade picked out for it...I can't wait to get going on it! That and finally dragged my sniffley ass off the couch this afternoon and found some drapery that I'm in love with....I'm still on the hunt for a coffee table....but it will come with time! Throw in some pops of colour with updated fabrics on the throw cushions and we mind actually end-up with a finished space...
Doesn't it look great!?! Two coats of ICI / CIL's 'Cliffside' and this space is lookin' great!
While I've got a ways to go to get the room that I've thought about and envisioned for ages, this space is still looking mucho mucho better than when I first moved in three years ago - 
In the beginning there was the $50.00 club chair and the Rubbermaid end tables...
You've come a long way Mr. Mitchell....you've got a ways to go, but you've come a long way....

I can't wait to show you the end results!
D-


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...